“A multi-faceted media entertainment company involved in the finance and production of movies, television, theatre and music.”
Co-Founder, CEO Marro Media Co.
- A veteran of the music and music publishing business, Marvin Peart co-founded and oversees Marro Media Company, an independent record label, music publishing and film and TV production company.
- With Marro Media Company, Peart has executively produced films such as Escape from Planet Earth, The Perfect Holiday and Life on the Line, as well as TV series Big Ang and Mob Wives.
- Prior to Marro Media Company, Marvin Peart was the former Executive Vice President and Director of Flavor Unit Television and Film, a division of Flavor Unit Entertainment (a Queen Latifah Company). During his tenure at Flavor Unit, he managed television and film projects as well as raising equity and creating distribution outlets for such projects.
- Prior to Flavor Unit, Marvin was Manager of Creative Services at Zomba. His ability to recognize and develop music talent led to a series of rapid career advancements, which led him to Sony Music Entertainment where he was promoted to Senior Vice President Of Urban Music for Sony‘s Epic and Columbia labels.
- At Sony, Marvin helped to develop several successful recording artists, including Ginuwine, Macy Gray, Ruff Endz, Mandy Moore, and Lauryn Hill. His credits also include discovering and signing platinum selling acts 3LW and B2K. Together these two acts have sold over 10 million records worldwide.
- Marvin co-produced several motion picture soundtracks, including Barbershop, Blue Streak, and You Got Served at Sony Music Entertainment. Through these projects, Marvin began working more closely with motion picture directors and studios.
Co-Founder, COO Marro Media Co.
- Rosa Morris-Peart started in the music business in the Creative Services Dept. at Zomba Music Publishing, home to songwriting legends such as Mutt Lange, R. Kelly, T. Riley, Justin Timberlake, and Linkin Park to name a few. During her tenure at Zomba, she learned how to identify a talented songwriter as well as the mechanics of music publishing
- Rosa joined Sony Music Entertainment four years later. During her three years at Sony’s copyright department, she licensed albums for top recording artists such as Destiny’s Child, Jennifer Lopez, and Marc Anthony. This included clearing and negotiating rates for sample use on albums, calculating song rates by implementing producer and artist agreements and negotiating synchronization rates for cd/dvd use. Her gained experience then led her to BMG Entertainment as Manager of Copyright Dept. There she helped to structure standards and procedures with upper management and Business Affairs for the copyright dept. staff to follow. She also handled the licensing of J and RCA Records’ recording artists such as Alicia Keys, Busta Rhymes, Tyrese, and Elvis Presley among others.
- Rosa became a source of information to writers and producers who needed guidance and business advice. Catching the attention of Cory Rooney, former Executive of Sony Music Entertainment and Music Producer to Destiny’s Child, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony and Mariah Carey he enlisted her to run his Music Publishing Venture with Sony Music Publishing. Working with record label executives, she worked on developing up and coming writers’ careers by setting up collaborations with other writers, producers and recording artists such as Ginuwine, Monica, Jennifer Lopez.
- Rosa’s experience in Creative and Administration has helped to Co-Found Marro Media Co., an independent record label, music publishing and film and TV production company. She executive produced Life on the Line and is currently developing several upcoming film and television projects.
Head of Production, Marro Films
- Phillip Glasser currently resides in Nashville, TN/ Los Angeles, CA where he sits as a Partner of Jamie Kennedy Entertainment, which produces 2 to 4 feature films per year and several Television Productions.
- Prior to Jamie Kennedy Entertainment, Glasser independently produced films such as Kickin It Old Skool with Jamie Kennedy, Endure starring Joey Lauren Adams and Devon Sawa, Riddle starring Val Kilmer, Mafia starring Ving Rhames, A Resurrection starring Mischa Barton and Michael Clarke Duncan, as well as another 10 to 20 titles.
- Glasser also recently worked on Escape from Planet Earth where he was the Executive Producer and he is currently in pre-production for Little Savages.
- In 2002, he assisted in forming a strategic partnership with Splendid Media AG, a German based media conglomerate. Glasser was named the President of Production during his tenure with Splendid, which entered into a production deal with MGM. He oversaw production on projects such as the critically acclaimed Narc with Ray Liotta and Jason Patric for Lionsgate and Paramount and Agent Cody Banks 1 and 2 starring Frankie Muniz for MGM.
- During his time at Splendid he worked on over 50 other home video titles that were sold and distributed by various distributors in both the US and across the globe.
- Prior to Splendid, Glasser helped run Cutting Edge Entertainment with brother David —with a focus on representing small feature films in the international marketplace. He was in charge of selling and packaging low budget films as both a Sales Agent and Production Executive.