“A multi-faceted media entertainment company involved in the finance and production of movies, television, theatre and music.”
Co-Founder, CEO Marro Media Co.
- A veteran of the music and music publishing business, Marvin Peart co-founded and oversees Marro Media Company, an independent record label, music publishing and film and TV production company.
- With Marro Media Company, Peart has executively produced films such as Escape from Planet Earth, The Perfect Holiday and Life on the Line, as well as TV series Big Ang and Mob Wives.
- Prior to Marro Media Company, Marvin Peart was the former Executive Vice President and Director of Flavor Unit Television and Film, a division of Flavor Unit Entertainment (a Queen Latifah Company). During his tenure at Flavor Unit, he managed television and film projects as well as raising equity and creating distribution outlets for such projects.
- Prior to Flavor Unit, Marvin was Manager of Creative Services at Zomba. His ability to recognize and develop music talent led to a series of rapid career advancements, which led him to Sony Music Entertainment where he was promoted to Senior Vice President Of Urban Music for Sony‘s Epic and Columbia labels.
- At Sony, Marvin helped to develop several successful recording artists, including Ginuwine, Macy Gray, Ruff Endz, Mandy Moore, and Lauryn Hill. His credits also include discovering and signing platinum selling acts 3LW and B2K. Together these two acts have sold over 10 million records worldwide.
- Marvin co-produced several motion picture soundtracks, including Barbershop, Blue Streak, and You Got Served at Sony Music Entertainment. Through these projects, Marvin began working more closely with motion picture directors and studios.
Co-Founder, COO Marro Media Co.
- Rosa Morris-Peart started in the music business in the Creative Services Dept. at Zomba Music Publishing, home to songwriting legends such as Mutt Lange, R. Kelly, T. Riley, Justin Timberlake, and Linkin Park to name a few. During her tenure at Zomba, she learned how to identify a talented songwriter as well as the mechanics of music publishing
- Rosa joined Sony Music Entertainment four years later. During her three years at Sony’s copyright department, she licensed albums for top recording artists such as Destiny’s Child, Jennifer Lopez, and Marc Anthony. This included clearing and negotiating rates for sample use on albums, calculating song rates by implementing producer and artist agreements and negotiating synchronization rates for cd/dvd use. Her gained experience then led her to BMG Entertainment as Manager of Copyright Dept. There she helped to structure standards and procedures with upper management and Business Affairs for the copyright dept. staff to follow. She also handled the licensing of J and RCA Records’ recording artists such as Alicia Keys, Busta Rhymes, Tyrese, and Elvis Presley among others.
- Rosa became a source of information to writers and producers who needed guidance and business advice. Catching the attention of Cory Rooney, former Executive of Sony Music Entertainment and Music Producer to Destiny’s Child, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony and Mariah Carey he enlisted her to run his Music Publishing Venture with Sony Music Publishing. Working with record label executives, she worked on developing up and coming writers’ careers by setting up collaborations with other writers, producers and recording artists such as Ginuwine, Monica, Jennifer Lopez.
- Rosa’s experience in Creative and Administration has helped to Co-Found Marro Media Co., an independent record label, music publishing and film and TV production company. She executive produced Life on the Line and is currently developing several upcoming film and television projects.